Sunday, August 27, 2006

Welcome Sinatra.......welcome back Boulette???


Sooooooo, Alex and I had accepted the fact that our precious Boulette was gone forever. After a few days we decided to get another hamster, to help us through the pain. We went to the pet store and found the cutest brownest fluffiest hamster. We ( I mean I) decided to call him Sinatra. We took him home and gave him Boulettes old cage, all seemed well at the Kelex residence.....

...However, unbeknownst to us we had not seen the last of Boulette. Later on in the evening whilst enjoying a beer or 5 we got a call. The man on the phone said "J'ai trouve un hamster" and I was like hmmm is my french that bad, I think he said he found a hamster, but no my french wasn't that bad, he DID find a hamster. Well, when I say find I mean he saw a tiny rodent like thing in the Electrical room in the basement. A room almost the size of the apartment!
So Alex, Guillaume and I treked down the four floors and went in search of Boulette. An hour later with food all over the floor we found her. Little skinny not so white anymore Boulette had ventured down the walls and survived days without food and water. We were happy but a little shocked at the whole scenario. Our next problem was where to put her. Her little cage now had a new occupent and hamsters dont live together kindly. We put her in a box for the night and went out the next day and bought a whole new hamster home for our Escape artist.

So now we have two hamsters. Luckily they dont cost too much to take care of. But I am now serenaded to sleep every night by the sound of wheels spinning simultaneously. Hmmmm I wonder what will happen if we let them have babies.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home