Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Too close for Comfort

Students rush out of Dawson College as the dead body of the gunman lies on the ground

Today there was a shooting at Dawson College in downtown Montreal. I was in class at Loyola when I found out. There were many students in my class who have friends and family members that go there so it was really intense. So far all we know is that a gunman went into the cafeteria of Dawson college and started shooting at the students. 19 were injured and one girl was killed, the gunman was shot by the Police and killed.
I just want to let my friends and family know that Im ok. My school is close to Dawson College but I was on the campus further away at the time. The College is by the Mall and the metro so you can imagine how scared everyone was. Ive had a few friends concerned because all theyre hearing is that a gunman attacked students at a School in Downtown Montreal. Concordia University may be getting mentioned in some reports because it was used as a shelter for the students of Dawson College. But even though the shootings werent at my school its really made me nervous. Ive never lived in a place where something like this has happened. Its way too close for comfort.
My prayers are with all those who have been affected by this horrible crime.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Glad to hear your OK!!! I heard it on the radio this evening on an ad for Global TV. Just goes to show how little media I am exposed to..per say.

But as soon as I heard, I rushed over to Ross's and looked at the news...I could breathe once I knew that it was not Concordia...but still, how scary is that? Thats only supposed to happen in the States, but I guess crazy, gun-toting psychos can live anywhere.

Thankfully the death count was low, though not the best way to count the school year, is it?

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I DEMAND A NEW POST OR YOUR PRECIOUS SPEARS GETS IT!


PS I tried to sign in as anonymous but it wouldn't let me. Boo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home