Friday, December 01, 2006

Jack frost fell out of the sky


It's beginning to look a lot like winter

Ok, so the sun didn't exactly come out today. In fact the sky opened up and poured out some freezing rain. I've been wondering where winter has been hiding and now it's starting to show itself. Today the sidewalks are covered in ice and it's finally getting below zero (last year this time is was at least 10 degrees less) Hopefully the real snow will arrive in time for Christmas.

I know that the Vancouverites have been having a rough time with the weather lately. Usually it only snows around late December and early January. But just be thankful that you don't have to deal with this:

Ahhhh, now that looks like a Montreal winter

Winters in montreal are, how do you say, ah yes, rough! It gets to at least minus 30 in Montreal, and it lasts from December up until at least March. I do love living here but sometimes NZ seems like a tropical island compared to this frozen kingdom. The trick though is to have fun with it. There's a nice little game I like to play called "how quick can I run to the Metro without falling on my ass?" and "how quick will my body freeze if I only wear 5 layers?" So much fun. Now I know you're all probably rushing to get your tickets to come out here, but I think you should maybe wait about 5 months, then you can enjoy the 40+ degree days. Ahhh yes Montreal, a city of extreme seasons.

2 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Wanderlusting said...

brrrrrrr

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger A Girl Like Me said...

Great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home