Saturday, December 09, 2006

Retrace your steps



I have to retrace my steps
Because I've lost something dear to me
Lost is not the word to use
I disregarded it knowingly
At the time it felt too heavy
So I thought I'd put it aside
It disappeared in the distance
With each step I took with pride
Like all journeys do mine came to pass
I found myself alone
The pride I'd felt so strong before
Left me the fear of what I'd sown
I closed my eyes that moment
I let the words flow from my heart
I picked up all that was left of me
And journeyed back to the start
I had to retrace my steps
Only through blindness could I see
That the very thing I'd forgotten
Is the only the only thing I need.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger A Girl Like Me said...

That beach looks beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home